1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 8 / 7s news, rumours, features and release date

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alex Dmitri, Feb 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Alex Dmitri

Alex Dmitri Admin
    Staff Member Owner Contributor

We are all excited about the new iPhone coming out this year. Some people say it will only be an S variation instead of an 8. I personally think it will be a totally new different design maybe a full aluminium or glass body. I would also like wireless charging for the new iPhone.

#1 Alex Dmitri, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Chief Navy likes this.
  2. Chief Navy

Chief Navy New Member
    Contributor

I wish they would bring the jack back.

3. undivided

undivided New Member
    Contributor

Apple going back on their design? Keep holding on to that dream

4. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 New Member
    Contributor

They kinda did with the iPhone 3G/3GS going into iPhone 5C. But that didn't turn out so well, so I also am somewhat doubting it. The iPhone 7 didn't do so great for a long time, so I think there's a 50/50 chance depending on how much sales rise over the course of the year, or how they deplete. If sales rise, probably not. If sales fall, there might or might not be a chance the jack will come back. Seeing as some Android phones are coming without a headphone jack, it's kind of tough to tell atm.

5. Alex Dmitri

Alex Dmitri Admin

The jack doesn't really bother me. My 3 series doesn't have carplay so I depend on the jack to play music but I bought an adapter for it. I don't think it was that useful otherwise Apple wouldn't cancel it.

6. undivided

undivided New Member
    Contributor

They're being phased out for sure. My base model 2014 Kia has Bluetooth standard. Wireless headphones are becoming more and more common. As far as music goes, there aren't a lot of uses for it anymore. Audiophiles are the only ones who probably won't be able to cope until wireless can match the wired quality

7. tinyman392

tinyman392 New Member
    Contributor

To add to that, the base Camry has USB and bluetooth as well (aux too). The USB is kind of dilapidated, but does show album art which is nice. Still wish I had CarPlay though. Maybe in my next vehicle :p

______

On topic, I don't think it'll be an S variation. In reality, the 7 seemed more like an S variation IMO. I see a big new design for 10-years. I would love to see some ceramic offerings, but that would be pricey.

8. Alex Dmitri

Alex Dmitri Admin

A few of features I would like to see in the new iPhone:

• Curved OLED display:
    Yes, finally an OLED display. Feel the colors, feel the vibrancy, feel the contrast, saturation, vividness with the hiked up resolution. Since the current LCD displays are also made by Samsung, the OLED displays are going to be so great, just like any Samsung flagship.
    Believe me, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is the epitome of beauty in smartphones. Now feel that “Edge” in our splendid piece.

• Removing all the ports:
    Yes, all the ports. Not even a 3.5 mm headphone jack, not a USB-C or a lightning too. It should support wireless pairing with the audio devices and of course wireless charging. Imagine how neat and clean it would look.
    • No home button:
    Completely removing the hardware from the front-facing of the iPhone and molding them into the screen. Actually, Apple has filed multiple patents to use Touch ID anywhere from the display. Simply amazing.
    • Camera improvements:
    No doubt, iPhone 7 Plus has one of the best cameras out there. The 12 MP sensor, the Telephoto lens, the image stabilisation. But I and the others who are inquisitive about the photographs want more resolution. 16 MP would be better. In fact, Apple can improve a lot more. Literally just see the camera of Google Pixel. (WOW..!!)
    • Internal features:
    The A11 chip.The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus have surpassed any smartphone benchmark out there by their enormous performance. Now imagine, iPhone working at a higher clock rate with a support of 3 GB RAM. And 3000 mAh battery (much needed).
    Only one variant, with a 4.7-inch display and all the specs mentioned above.

Software. I really really wish Apple should take some inspirations from the Jailbreak tweaks. Apple has done this in past (Control center & F.lux- Night shift mode) and should implement them more. There are a lot of creative tweaks available out there. (Hats off to them.) Apple should allow customisation at a certain level.

Retina Scanner
    . Wouldn’t it be great when you just pick up your phone, it unlocks automatically, without touching anything. The Retina Scanner in Galaxy Note 7 by Samsung used machine learning. It gets fast every time when you unlock your phone.

AI Assistant. They should learn from the Google Assistant. The Google Assistant is way more intelligent than Siri is. Samsung recently acquired next-gen VIV AI, which is built by the original developing team of Siri. Probably we get to see it in action in the Galaxy S8. Please have a look. (Find the link below)

A few points on the Price side:

1. For God’s sake, put down your pride and lower the amount. We all know you make a lot of profit by just selling a single piece of iPhone. (Approx 3 times more from the manufacturing cost.)
    2. People who haven’t even used iPhone once in their lifetime criticize iPhone because of its price. They don’t see what’s a perfection like. They don’t feel the integration between the iPhone’s hardware and software and with the other Apple products.
    3. Let them provide an opportunity to buy and shut their mouth.